Greenland. The world’s largest island and one of the least-studied areas of the Arctic. About 80% of Greenland is covered with ice, the remaining 20% ​​on the surface are the exposed parent rocks.

Despite the difficult weather conditions and access to many goods of modern civilisation, such as internet, Greenland has a lot to offer to those who want and can use its potential and get used to the non-standard living conditions.
The role of varied greenlandic culture and art increases together with increase of tourism in everyday’s life of local people.

The geology of Greenland is also very rich and diverse. There are many valuable deposits of native element minerals and rare earth elements.
The rocks observed in the following project are of the Paleoproterozoic age (1850-1725 Ma) and belong to a larger geological body named Julianehåb batholith consisting of polyphase calc-alkaline granites, granodiorites, tonalites and hornblende diorites with swarms of appinite dykes. The batholith is interpreted as the root of a volcanic arc containing rocks from Gardar province.

The series was taken south of Greenland, in the summer of 2017.

START